Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I know we're cool...

I've been listening to Gwen Stefani's "Cool" on repeat since last Saturday. This song- its melody and the vibe that I got from it- is exactly how I feel at the moment. The song, in its literal sense, is about two former lovers who still managed to remain as good friends after their romantic feelings for each other ended. But it is this pang of nostalgia I got that really pulled me towards this song. I just realised something: most of the personal posts I've done on this blog are on nostalgia... Anyway, as I was saying, I was feeling really nostalgic for the past week or so.

Last Saturday came too soon.

I sent one of my best friends off at the airport that day. She's starting a new chapter in her life: university. It's awfully selfish of me to only think of how I'm gonna miss her and that I won't get to hang out with her anymore.

I mean, sure, she's not the first of my friends to leave home for uni. But, she's the first of my friends whom I've sent off at the airport, knowing that it'd be quite some time before we can see each other in person again. I guess saying our goodbyes at the airport made the leaving part sadder.

I couldn't shake off this shroud of sadness and okay, loneliness that day. And by the way, making a solo trip to the mall after sending a friend off is not a good idea. If anything, it amplified my loneliness that day as I saw people hanging out with their buddies and enjoying their Saturday afternoon.

When I saw the music video for "Cool" on the tele, the song just stuck. It 'got' what I was feeling and that made me feel a little better. I have to remind myself that this is not the end and that after all that we've been through, I know we're cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment